HIRING multiple locations including San Francisco, San Jose and Seattle.
Currently looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to fill an opening with a company located in Bellevue, WA. Interested candidates should have experience with large distributed networks and expert knowledge in large scale web operations and web based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configurations.
Responsibilities of the Site Reliability Engineer
Requirements of the Site Reliability Engineer
- Develop infrastructure/software automation and deployment workflows and scripts
- Develop and update scripts written in Bash and Python.
- Integrate tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Ambari, Hadoop, Pentaho, Kafka, Hive, Greenplum, etc
- Put in place management and support tools for solutions hosted on Azure.
- Application tuning and tooling
- Develop automated testing tools and related QA processes
- Gather and interpret customer business needs via interviews, business process analysis, surveys.
- Site visits, use cases, task and workflow analysis, scenario planning, and by conducting workshops to elaborate requirements/specifications.
- Identify solution options and assess suitability on both technical and business dimensions.
- Experience with large distributed networks
- Excellent troubleshooting skills that span systems, network (TCP/IP), and code
- Ability to code in Java or Python or Scala
- Expert knowledge in large scale web operations and web based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configurations
- Strong skills in data structures, relational and NOSQL databases, networking, web architectures, UNIX flavors
- Strong DevOps and Coding skills