Currently looking for an experienced C++ Developer to fill an opening with a company in the financial sector located in Philadelphia, PA. Interested candidates should have at least 2+ years of industry experience as a hands on developer and some C++ programming experience in a Linux environment.
Work location: Philadelphia suburbs
Responsibilities of the C++ Developer
Requirements of the C++ Developer
- Develop new software and enhance existing systems in C++ on a Linux platform.
- Develop and support multi-threaded applications with a strong emphasis on high performance.
- Optimize trading strategy implementation and performance analysis platform using network and systems programming.
- Create tools to process, store and analyze quote, order and financial data.
- Work closely with quantitative research analysts, engineers and other groups to provide software solutions.
- An undergraduate or graduate level degree in Computer Science or Mathematics.
- At least 2+ years industry experience as a hands on developer is required
- C++ programming experience in a Linux environment.
- Experience with GUI design is a plus.
- Excellent academic record.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of shell scripts and other languages including Perl, Bash or CSH is a plus.
Knowledge of relational databases including Sybase, SQL Server and Oracle is a plus.