Currently looking for qualified Nurse Practitioners to fill openings with a company based in the Washington, DC area. Interested candidates should have a minimum of 3 - 5 years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner and have experience with complex primary care (internal medicine, family medicine); or any combination of education and experience.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Practitioners
Requirements of the Nurse Practitioners
- Act as primary care provider in spirit and action, assuming longitudinal panel management responsibility for the care and outcomes of his/her panel
- Order appropriate lab tests and diagnostic procedures and interprets results to aid in health promotion and accurate diagnosis and treatment of illnesses; prescribes medication or other forms of treatment.
- Effectively collaborate, coordinate, and communicate with members of the multidisciplinary team and outside providers; expertly leverages all resource included in clinical model and fosters cohesion within clinical team
- Accurately document patient medical information and appropriately assigns the correct coding for acute and chronic conditions in a timeline fashion
- Participate in on call rotations, which may include after-hours, weekend and holiday calls and visitations.
- Follow evidence-based practice guidelines and practices within scope of practice
- Minimum of 3-5 years of clinical experience as a nurse practitioner
- Experience with complex primary care (internal medicine, family medicine); or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- 5-7 years of experience working as a nurse overall, including experience across outpatient (primary care, behavioral health, home care), and inpatient acute care settings (ICU, CCU, telemetry, ER)
- Master’s Degree in Nursing and Board Certification
- Current unrestricted RN license and NP license in applicable state required.
- Prescribing authority/DEA licensure in good standing as required in the state in which you are applying preferred; NPI billing number
- Proficient in use of EMR and other technology use
- Must be flexible with local traveling within the assigned county for daily home visits and covering assignments for teammates in case of emergency,
Experience managing a wide range of patient ages