Seeking a Controller with non-profit experience for our client - national, public-private partnership which accelerates research, development and demonstration in the application of collaborative robotic technologies in the manufacturing environment.
This is a new position in the Organization and requires federal government grants / contracts experience working in a non-profit environment.
Reporting to the CFO, you will and manage the accounting operations of the Organization. This is a hands-on position with no direct reports, requiring you to get work completed in a timely manner. The types of duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive set of accounting/finance controls, policies and procedures;
- Monitor, manage, and evaluate cost sharing commitments of sponsored projects;
- Coordinate, prepare, and process payroll semi-monthly and affiliated 401(k) contributions;
- Assemble and prepare all monthly journal entries, reconciliations, and conduct month-end close;
- Handle all accounts receivables and accounts payables;
- Prepare for review all quarterly and year-end financial reporting; and
- Prepare and process all applicable tax forms.
Ideal candidates must have a CPA certification
minimum of five (5) years of accounting and finance experience
minimum of two (2) years of payroll experience.
must have expertise with federal government grants / contracts and experience working in a non-profit environment.
Familiarity with QuickBooks Online is helpful,
- competitive compensation package along with the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance, of which 80% of the premium is employer-paid
- Three weeks of Paid-Time Off (PTO) in your first year of employment
- Ten paid holidays
- 100% paid short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance coverage equal to two times your annual base salary
- Accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- 401(k) contribution equal to 8% of eligible base salary