Our Client is a 900+ bed, non-profit regional medical center located in Winston Salem, NC
• Offers a full range of medical, surgical rehabilitative & behavioral health sciences
• Magnet Recognized
The Renal Unit also called 8 General is a high acuity acute care telemetry unit that specializes in the care of renal and limb preservation patients (LPP). However, as an acute care unit we do treat patients with a variety of medical issues and co-morbidities. This is an exciting fast paced unit necessitating lots of teamwork! The Renal/LPP unit primarily focuses on the care and management of patients that have been diagnosed with acute and chronic kidney failure and patients needing limb salvage procedures. These patients tend to have multiple, complex co-morbidities such as: diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, cardiovascular disease along with the associated complications from each disease. One never works alone on this unit. We utilize teamwork alongside an interdisciplinary team that includes Physicians, Dieticians, Social Workers, Clerical and Support Staff which empowers our unit to provide a remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
• Capacity: 41 patients
• Telemetry capacity: 24 patients
• Unit Leadership: Nurse Manager and 3 clinical unit leaders-present 7 days/week with night shift being covered as well.
• Limb preservation (LPP): interdisciplinary team led by our LPP RN navigator who had 10+ years’ experience working on 8 general prior to her current role and helps facilitate LPP patient needs
• Admission, discharge, and transfer (ADT) nurse 4 days per week to facilitate discharges and admissions. Utilized on historically higher discharge days.
• Mobility aide to facilitate patient physical therapy needs 7 days/week.
• MUR-24/7 coverage with an additional MUR resource M-F 5am-1:30pm who is also an NA and can assist in patient rooms as necessary.
• RN ratio: 1:6 (day shift may be 1:5 after positions are filled)
Current RN licensure in NC state and BLS required CPI certification within three months of hire required. PALS for adolescent unit preferred. Ability to care for Behavioral Health age specific patients within facility. ACLS and PALS preferred.
At least 2+ years in Nursing
At least 1 + years in a Renal unit/department
Eligible to work in the US for any employer
10k signon bonus
Clinical ladder program
• Leadership development programs, tuition reimbursements & financial assistance with certifications
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• Salaries commensurate upon experience
• Relocation assistance available for qualifying applicants
• 403b and matching program
• Flexible full-time, part-time & weekender schedules
• On-site pharmacy
• Recognized as a leader in improving the quality of healthcare by many national independent organizations
Max Populi, LLC
4628 Bayard Street, #207
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-2750
Tel: (412) 567-5279
Fax: (412) 567-5198