We represent a fast growing integrated healthcare organization that is transforming patient care through clinical outcomes. The organization is vertically integrated and is backed by a Private Equity Fund to facilitate massive growth in the near future.
We are seeking several Hospitalists who are passionate about patient-centric care and can lead a collaborative and comprehensive health care team and follows a patient from admission to discharge and coordinates all aspects of inpatient services. These inpatient services may be in an acute hospital setting, Skilled Nursing Facility, or a Rehabilitation Hospital. The Hospitalist performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
· The Hospitalist is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
· Provides diagnosis, treatment and management of inpatients according to current standards of care and accepted medical practice
· Utilizes managed care processes for cost effective use of contracted specialists, lab, radiology and extended service providers
· Completes medical documentation according to acceptable hospital and company standards
· Communicates and coordinates with the primary care providers to ensure prompt post hospitalization follow-up care
· Conducts effective and timely communication to patients and/or families regarding treatment plans, diagnoses, prognosis and discharge planning
· Adheres to hospital core measure requirements
· Participates in business and patient care meetings, if needed. Attends medical group educational activities
· Shares call with the team to provide on-call coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, onsite or offsite by telephone, responding within time frames established by Hospitalist Team Director. Call is distributed equitably among team members and is not determined by seniority and/or longevity
· Works side by side with Case Management to ensure smooth and prompt patient post hospitalization follow-up
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Board certification or eligibility in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- Current, unrestricted Texas Medical License
- Valid DEA, DPS License
- Ability to practice with a high degree of independence
- Possess a working understanding and support of a managed care environment
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team, both as a leader and a team member
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees