We have several openings for NY licensed Clinical Lab Scientists in a general lab or microbiology or chemistry setting. Positions are part-time and per Diem.
Performs Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Chemistry and Blood Bank (when applicable) testing using automated and manual techniques on a regular basis. Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
1. Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of hospital and departmental policies and procedures
3. Attend staff meetings and in-services
4. Completes annual competency requirements
5. Ability to use laboratory computer system
6. Produce work free of technical and clerical error
7. Evaluate integrity of specimens and validity of test results
8. Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting on laboratory instrumentation
9. Perform and document QC and remedial action when necessary
10. Successfully complete both internal and external proficiency testing
11. Prioritize workload and tasks
12. Inform supervisors of problems in a timely manner
13. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
• New York State Medical Technologist license required.
• B.S. or A.S. degree in Medical Technology or Laboratory Science with one year of relevant hospital experience preferred.
• ASCP or NCA certification preferred
Attention to Detail
Shifts: 11:30 pm- 7:30AM HOLIDAYS
Max Populi, LLC
4628 Bayard Street, #207
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-2750
Tel: (412) 567-5279
Fax: (412) 567-5198