We are seeking a Director of Facilities Management to provide strategic leadership, coordination, and administrative oversight to the entire range of functions and services involved in the effective development and management of physical resources.
- Provide oversight and leadership for the diverse workforce within the custodial services and building maintenance departments.
- Lead the development of short and long-range facility renovation and renewal priorities including data collection and tracking of deferred maintenance, and preventative maintenance, and strategic plans.
- Design and plan workstations that optimize resource allocation and forecast growth space needs.
- Develop and enforce policies and safety procedures.
- Direct and participate in the development and administration of the departmental operating budget; monitors and approves operating expenditures along with capital expenditures.
- Responds to and coordinates response to facilities emergency situations and problems during regular shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays; coordinates and responds to inclement weather as appropriate.
- Serve as liaison with outside agencies and contractors on matters pertaining to maintenance operations.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new trends and best practices in the fields of capital construction, maintenance, and facility operations.
- Develop and implement preventive, predictive, proactive, and corrective maintenance techniques and procedures for all assets.
- Develop and/or coordinate bids, RFP’s, RFQ’s and other purchasing/leasing projects or initiatives.
- Ensures federal, state, county, and city regulations relating to facility maintenance and zoning laws.
- A minimum of (5) years of leadership experience in facility management.
- Experience supervising custodial and ground staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, construction management, or related field.
- Experience working with contractors for facility maintenance and construction.
- Knowledge of building codes, laws, and regulations.
- Experience managing maintenance budgets and controlling costs.
- Proven track record in the development and implementation of maintenance systems – including inventory control, work order management, preventative, and predictive maintenance plans.