Our client is launching a brand new cardiac surgery program and are building a highly qualified team.
If you are an OR Scrub tech with cardiac Surgery experience, this could be an awesome opportunity at the ground floor.
Under the direction of the nurse manager or Registered Professional Nurse, the Scrub Technician handles the instruments, supplies and equipment necessary during surgical procedures.
The technician has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeons.
The scrub technician has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during operative procedures and is constantly vigilant for maintaining sterile technique.
- Checks supplies and equipment prior to surgical procedure.
- Scrubs, sets up, counts and assists intra-operatively.
- Maintains highest standard of sterile technique.
- Assists surgeon and RN with post-procedure care.
- Handles specimens appropriately.
- Prepares instruments for decontamination.
- Assists with preparing/picking OR cases.
- Identifies malfunctioning equipment appropriately.
- Follows patient safety standards.
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations.