A rapidly growing global Ophthalmic medical device manufacturer in Plum, PA, is seeking a talented Production Engineer to oversee the production of ophthalmic lens.
We are looking for a technical / engineering-minded individual who can lead the development of our product. Ideally, you will have a Physics or Optics or engineering background with some experience in production background OR willing to be trained.
The role is production focused – we need someone to manage the production process, supervise 4 production techs, work closely with suppliers. Must be hands on in fixing machines
Responsibilities will include:
- Product design & planning: Managing, planning and coordinating the development of new products, enhancements of existing products and technical solutions based on customer feedback.
- Gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements & defining the product vision.
- Customer engagement
- Meeting and working closely with the quality team; planning and coordinating tests to ensure safety and effectiveness of the system.
- Working closely with engineering to deliver winning products: Determining roadmaps and deadlines for products and product enhancements considering priority, customer needs, financial limitations, staffing requirements and availability of resources.
Cultural fit requirements:
- Bachelor’s in, Engineering or Degree in Physics/Optics preferred
- Master’s degree a plus NOT required
- Willing to be trained in
- Experience working in a medical device and/or manufacturing environment a plus
- Ideal candidate will have experience/exposure to optics or have hands-on engineering experience
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on challenges to solve engineering problems by applying inventiveness, creativity and strong technical knowledge.
- Possesses a sense of urgency to deliver results.
- A palpable desire to deliver a high-quality product and provide value to the customer.
- Comfortable in a team-oriented atmosphere
- Consistent desire to do things better, to reach further, to think and to learn from each other.
- Passion for our work.
- Willingness to train in all aspects of ophthalmic medical device manufacturing
- Willingness to embrace and defend a culture of respect, communication and accountability.
Competitive salary, benefits, training and growth opportunities available.