A rapidly growing integrated non-profit health system serving Southeastern OH is seeking Medical Technologists at their facility.
The facility is the largest healthcare provider in its six-county region of southeastern Ohio, which includes Muskingum, Morgan, Perry, Coshocton, Noble and Guernsey counties.
Some of the services include open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II special care.
The ideal candidate will perform, evaluate and submit results on blood and body fluid specimens received for laboratory analysis.
- Maintains knowledge of laboratory tests and processes specimens maintaining specimen integrity according to individual test requirements.
- Scope of responsibility may include maintenance of equipment, ability to troubleshoot instrument performance, and display understanding of quality control requirements related to test analysis.
- Must demonstrate ability to keep accurate records, to include release and reporting of test information via the laboratory information system.
- May provide assistance in areas of phlebotomy, CPA, and telecommunications.
- Maintains knowledge and assists in complying with all regulatory agencies including CAP, HFAP, OSHA, and HIPPA.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Completion of an accredited MT program, MT (ASCP) or equivalent or registry eligible, or have education and experience equivalent to an MT(ASCP).
Entry level experience in clinical laboratory which may include a hospital based student clinical rotation.
Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, and investigative skills.
Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and under pressure in a complex and changing work environment.