A rapidly growing integrated non-profit health system serving Southeastern OH is seeking Medical Technologists at their facility.
The facility is the largest healthcare provider in its six-county region of southeastern Ohio, which includes Muskingum, Morgan, Perry, Coshocton, Noble and Guernsey counties.
Some of the services include open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II special care.
The ideal candidate is responsible to perform pre-analytical specimen processing on surgical tissue.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Scope of responsibility may include maintenance of equipment, embeds tissue in proper size base mold, appropriately levels tissue in blocks, prepares tissue slides of uniform thickness without compressions, folds, or chatter marks, and cover slips slides without air bubbles.
- Must demonstrate ability to keep accurate records, to include specimen identification through all steps of processing and specimen registration via the hospital and laboratory information system.
- Maintains knowledge of histology special stains and immunohistochemical stains.
- May provide assistance in area of Cytoprocessing.
- Maintains knowledge and assists the organization in complying with all regulatory agencies including CAP, HFAP, OSHA, and HIPPA.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
Monday - Friday - No Weekend calls.
- Completion of an accredited HLT or HT program, HLT(ASCP) or equivalent, HT(ASCP) or equivalent, or registry eligible.
- Entry level experience in Histology laboratory which may include a hospital based student clinical rotation.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, and investigative skills.
- Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure in a complex and changing work environment.