A rapidly growing integrated non-profit health system serving Southeastern OH is seeking Medical Technologists at their facility.
The facility is the largest healthcare provider in its six-county region of southeastern Ohio, which includes Muskingum, Morgan, Perry, Coshocton, Noble and Guernsey counties.
Some of the services include open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II special care.
This position is responsible for providing support and treatment (within the scope of license) for individuals at school athletic functions, at the collegiate level. Works closely and communicates effectively with team or treating physician regarding athlete’s injury and treatment as needed.
1. Understands and performs proper evaluation and assessment of injured athlete, including underlying trauma. Treats athletes within the scope of the NATA board of certification license.
2. Demonstrates proper taping, strapping, bracing and fitting of athletic equipment.
3. Carries out all prescribed treatments and recommendations by the team/event physician.
4. Provides coverage for assigned sports games or matches and related events under the supervision of the event manager.
5. Provides pre-season physicals as needed.
6. Maintains knowledge of: normal anatomical structure and function; physiological/biomechanical demand and response to exercise; nutritional demands for athletes; and absorption, dissipation and transmission of energy of various materials (i.e. protective padding).
7. Presents educational programs for healthy and injured athletes.
8. Develops treatment programs in accordance with findings/evaluations/goals established by the injury assessment and/or by the treating physician.
9. Fully understands and uses athletic training equipment safely and efficiently.
10. Assesses athlete’s status in response to treatment and modifies programs as appropriate, and makes determination on physical readiness to participate.
11. Instructs athlete in therapeutic exercise, and strength and conditioning programs.
12. Informs athlete/families of important aspects of athlete’s present condition, including concussion, wound care, first-aid and follow-up care.
13. Informs physician and program manager of any necessary documentation or observable signs that need investigation.
14. Maintains awareness of, and prevents/corrects problems or unsafe conditions.
15. Assists in preparing athletic training equipment for use. Recommends new equipment and supplies to ensure optimum quality of athlete’s care.
16. Attends/participates in athletic training program meetings and in-services, specifically related to new techniques of athletic health care.
17. Properly documents injury status and rehabilitation. Communicates as necessary with appropriate health care provider.
18. Assist with the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures.
19. Maintains ongoing evaluation of athlete’s progress through various stages of treatment and rehabilitation.
20. Maintains level of skill and expertise consistent with the latest theory and techniques.
1. Bachelor’s degree in health-related field.
2. Must have current NATA certification and current Ohio Athletic Training license.
3. CPR certification within 30 days of employment.
4. Attention to detail with ability to perform duties in an efficient and independent manner with minimal supervision.
5. Ability to assess situational needs and problem solve.
6. Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Valid driver’s license and proof of auto liability insurance.
Max Populi, LLC
4628 Bayard Street, #207
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-2750
Tel: (412) 567-5279
Fax: (412) 567-5198