A rapidly growing integrated non-profit health system serving Southeastern OH is seeking Medical Technologists at their facility.
The facility is the largest healthcare provider in its six-county region of southeastern Ohio, which includes Muskingum, Morgan, Perry, Coshocton, Noble and Guernsey counties.
Some of the services include open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II special care.
Responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing structured treatment of patients. Provides group and/or individual programs to a variety of diagnoses and presenting symptoms.
- Collects/interprets diagnostic data and its clinical relevance when making assessments, while considering current presentation and past medical/clinical history.
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing patient assessment, development of treatment plans, and patient specific goals.
- Supervises and directs patient treatment activities of SLP/CFY’s and/or students.
- Initiates patient care activities in reasonable/timely manner and strictly adheres to department guidelines regarding a patient’s treatment schedule.
- Ensures patient charges are accurately captured and submitted within 24 hours of treatment.
- Completes program specialist competency/checklist of expectations, as appropriate to current position. (In-Patient only)
- Completes annual competencies as appropriate to position including age specific competencies.
- Completes documentation that is accurate, complete, timely, legible, and consistent with department documentation policies and regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates willingness and competency to be cross-trained as appropriate to credentials, licensure, and scope of practice and department need.
- Assists with orientation of new staff and/or students.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
- Completion of an accredited school of Speech Pathology.
- Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology or licensed Speech Therapist, from an accredited school of Speech Pathology or equivalent.
- Current Ohio license and certificate of Clinical Competence.
- Attention to detail.
- Minimum of one clinical rotation in a Rehabilitation Services setting (e.g., Acute Rehab, SNF, Acute Medical, Outpatient, Home Health).
- Valid drivers license and proof of auto liability insurance (HomeCare).