A rapidly growing integrated non-profit health system serving Southeastern OH is seeking Medical Technologists at their facility.
The facility is the largest healthcare provider in its six-county region of southeastern Ohio, which includes Muskingum, Morgan, Perry, Coshocton, Noble and Guernsey counties.
Some of the services include open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II special care.
Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures utilizing radiopharmaceuticals on all types of patients in an efficient and caring manner in order to provide data for the diagnosis of a wide variety of medical conditions. Evaluates exams for diagnostic quality while using professional judgment in the performance of services.
1. Operates nuclear medicine and related medical equipment to complete a variety of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. Produces acceptable images by determining proper technical factors based on individual patients and/or procedures.
3. Orders, prepares and administers radiopharmaceuticals according to accepted practices.
4. Follows all radiation protection and radiation safety policies.
5. Effectively uses computer systems (such as HIS, RIS, PACS) to process, access and distribute appropriate department and patient procedure information.
6. Assists in transportation of patients to and from the department.
7. Participates in providing education and information to patients and their families.
8. Participates in clinical training of nuclear medicine and radiology students by providing instruction, supervision and evaluation as required.
9. Participates in quality assurance/quality control activities as required.
10. Performs other functions as assigned.
1. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (or equivalent) in the appropriate specialty (nuclear medicine) and licensed by the State of Ohio in Nuclear Medicine.
2. Competence in diagnostic & therapeutic nuclear medicine procedures performed at this facility.
3. Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution skills.
4. Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal and written communication skills.
5. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
6. Demonstrated computer skills and knowledge of computer software related to electronic imaging and clinical information management.