A rapidly growing integrated non-profit health system serving Southeastern OH is seeking Medical Technologists at their facility.
The facility is the largest healthcare provider in its six-county region of southeastern Ohio, which includes Muskingum, Morgan, Perry, Coshocton, Noble and Guernsey counties.
Some of the services include open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II special care.
Reporting to the Lab Director, the ideal candidate manages designated areas of the clinical laboratory. Oversees daily operations, workflow, quality and staffing for all designated areas to ensure the laboratory services are meeting the needs of the patient, physician and other care providers.
Will oversee phlebotomy and central processing services.
1. Performs and/or oversees the monthly scheduling, making sure all shifts are covered appropriately. This includes effective management of daily staffing dynamics.
2. Responsible for compliance with CAP and HFAP standards within all areas of responsibility. Evaluates all assigned areas of the laboratory on a yearly basis to ensure CAP readiness.
3. Conducts laboratory staff meetings on a quarterly basis, inviting open discussion and proper follow up on pending issues.
4. Supports education and provides development opportunities for employees to enhance their technical, professional and leadership skills. Serves as a preceptor and role model.
5. Establishes job competencies and performance goals to provide employees with clear performance expectations.
6. Demonstrates vision and initiates changes to meet the future needs of the laboratory and/or organization.
7. Identifies to management ways to modify and/or improve department.
8. Ensures internal competency programs are being managed to meet regulatory requirements.
9. Ensures external proficiency programs are being managed to meet regulatory requirements.
10. Seeks opportunities for and participates in continuing education to enhance or acquire skills to support professional goals.
11. Provides management with thorough and objective assessments after evaluating new instruments, test methodologies, and/or laboratory supplies
12. Clarifies and interprets both organization and department policies and procedures to promote understanding and consistency
13. Monitors and helps facilitate the timely completion of department projects.
14. Oversees new employee training including orientation, competency testing and checklist completion.
15. Performs other functions as assigned.
1. Baccalaureate degree with a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience required.
2. Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution, and investigative skills.
3. Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
4. Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
5. Ability to develop and encourage employee behaviors congruent with the mission statement.
6. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing work environment.