An awesome opportunity at an established physician practice serving New Rochelle, NY and surrounding areas. This Orthopedic practice
provides the highest-quality, evidence-based orthopedic care in a setting that respects the time and dignity of the people they serve.
The practice is well known for its expertise in:
This is a staff friendly environment and offers a perfect work-life balance, comfortable patient ratio.
Hours - M-F 8am-5pm
- Back and spine surgery, deformity, minimal invasive
- Minimally invasive joint replacement surgery
- Sports medicine, shoulder and arthroscopy
- Hand, wrist and elbow surgery
- Foot and ankle conditions
- Physical and occupational therapy
The Physician Assistant is responsible for practicing medicine with physician supervision including conducting examinations and writing prescriptions.
The Physician Assistant exercises autonomy in medical decision making a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. May include responsibility for education, research, and administrative services.
- First Assist on surgical procedures. First and second assist on total hips and knees.
- Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treat illnesses including giving injections and suturing wounds.
- Consults with physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a PA’s scope of work.
- Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care.
- Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems. Responds to emergencies including use of CPR.
- Counsels' patient/family on preventative health care.
- Documents patient information and care in medical record, in confidential manner, and may maintain departmental statistical database for research purposes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical model and roles of physicians and physician assistants. Familiar with anatomy, pharmacology, pathophysiology, clinical medicine and physical diagnosis.
- Demonstrates skill in gathering and analyzing physiological, socioeconomic, and emotional patient data. 10. Demonstrates skill in accurately evaluating patient problems in person or via phone and providing appropriate advice, intervention, or referral.
- Demonstrates ability to make responsible decisions within scope of PA practice.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate effectively with physicians on complicated cases.
- Demonstrates ability to educate patients, families and staff in user-friendly manner.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Graduate of accredited physician assistant program required.
- Current New York State licensed Physician Assistant.
- At least One year experience as Physician Assistant in an orthopedic clinical setting required
- Current ACLS Certification required.
- MUST BE FULLY VAXED
Competitive salary, benefits and regular schedule available.