Opportunity with a MAGNET award-winning community hospital in Westchester County.
Shifts: Overnight 7p-7am on varied nights. Alternating w/e & holidays
The ideal candidate, under the general direction of the Director of Pharmacy Services provides indirect patient care.
The Registered Pharmacist works with nurses, peers, physicians and other members of the healthcare team in the delivery of
pharmaceutical services to patients.
- reviews the patient's medication orders against the patient's medication profile in accordance with hospital and pharmacy philosophy, policies and procedures and standards.
- demonstrates leadership/management skills and a commitment to customer service, professional accountability and growth
- Utilizes all aspects of the Pharmacy process to meet the age specific needs of the patient in medication education, safety and patient rights into work practice.
- Utilizes and monitors methods of Infection Control, participates in the PI and Risk Management programs, demonstrate competency by completing all established standards.
- Utilizes appropriate steps in the decision-making process to include recognition, data collection, priority setting, resource utilization, and offering of suggestions through collaboration with the health care team.
- Productive through punctuality, observing time limits on breaks, using periods of low activity to the Pharmacy/ patient benefit, effective time management, consistent level of performance that ensures social/ personal activities do not interfere with work.
- Shows interest and commitment through attendance at in-services, participation in projects/ PI, maturation towards own self development, maintains current required license requirements.
- Assumes accountability for completion of competency standards and accepts constructive criticism and follows through to implement corrective measures.
- Is cooperative and professional though response to change, assistance to peers and effective communication among the health care team.
- Flexible in staffing and adjustment to assignments.
- Maintains a positive attitude with positive responses requiring conflict resolution.
- Practices cost containment measures.
- Adheres to all WPHC policies and procedures, dress code, code of conduct, customer service and meets all mandatory in-services
- and standard for attendance.
- Supervision of Pharmacy Assistants
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Graduate from an accredited school of Pharmacy with minimum of a BS in Pharmacy
Current New York registration.
Successful completion of Hospital and Departmental Orientation Program, according to hospital and Pharmacy policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates the ability to establish two-way communication by clearly defining expectations, communicating utilizing a variety of
- methods, actively listening to ideas and concerns and responding in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates proficiency in pharmaceutical calculations
- Maintains department competencies
- Maintains required continuing education credits as required for licensure.
- Demonstrates the ability to act in a professional capacity and serve as a role model.
- Demonstrates ability to retains composure under stress