Opportunity at the outpatient practices associated with an award-winning MAGNET hospital serving Westchester county, NY.
Mon- Fri (8-5)
The Radiologic Technologist will work under the supervision of the Director.
Performs routine and some special procedure imaging.
Prepares patient for procedures.
Prepares, operates and cares for the equipment being used.
Develops/processes film/CDs when needed.
Performs other duties as assigned, such as quality assurance.
Performs diagnostic and some special procedure medical radiographic images. Exercises professional judgment in performance of procedures.
Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Prepares and positions patients correctly for specific examinations, observing different and special requirements for each protocol including proper documentation on images and required body part questionnaires.
- Assumes responsibilities for designated areas and/ or procedures and produces good technical images, reviewing completed exams for quality, completeness for the type of test ordered.
- Assists physicians during practice-based procedures as necessary.
- Performs equipment Quality assurance and calibrations as needed, orders supplies.
- May be required to work holidays, overtime and/or day, evening and overnight shift coverage to help maintain adequate and safe coverage for the outpatient facility.
- Maintains the cleanliness of all work areas, equipment and accessories. Reports all malfunctioning equipment to Bio Med or supervisor. 8. Processes images or prints CD’s if needed.
- Performs routine office tasks, such as answering phones, checking-in patients, obtaining previous reports/films, or other related duties as needed.
- Shows Radiologist films and calls reports to the attending physician and documents communications if necessary (wet readings).
- Provides clinical instructions to students.
- Knowledgeable and skillful in providing care, based on age, physical and psychosocial needs of different patient populations including neonate/newborn, pediatric/adolescent, adults and geriatric groups.
- Performs other related duties as required, attends staff meetings and in-services.
- Coverage rotation to other outpatient sites.
- Duties and hours may change according to the needs of the offsite practice.
- Position is eligible for specialty certification compensation.
Education and Experience:
Must be a graduate of an allied health education and accredited radiography school or hospital-based program. NY State DOH Licensure or Limited Permit required and certification through ARRT-RT and/or registered RT (R)