Our client is a MAGNET status rapidly growing community hospital in the West Chester area of NYC.
We are hiring a Clinical Laboratory Immunology Supervisor who is responsible for coordinating and reviewing all activities of the laboratories in order to achieve maximum quality of testing and compliance with all requirements by regulatory agencies.
Reports to: Administrative Director of
The Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and directing all activities of the Chemistry and Immunology laboratories to achieve maximum quality of testing and compliance with all requirements by regulatory agencies. Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Assures the delivery of quality department /clinical services in accordance with established hospital and regulatory/accreditation agency standards.
- Assures employee compliance with hospital and Human Resources policies and procedures
- Assures that employee competency and education requirements are satisfied as per hospital policy.
- As required, participates in the Performance Improvement Program as defined by the organization.
- Attends Management/Leadership meetings as scheduled/required and communicates hospital policies, performance improvement initiatives and all other required information to their staff.
- Is responsible for participation in committees, task forces and projects as appropriate.
- Assures the provision of a safe employee/patient environment.
- Maintains knowledge related to the operations of their department..
- Demonstrates positive customer service, fosters positive employee relations and assures that staff adhere to the Customer Service Behavioral Standards.
- Is supportive of hospital initiatives and projects and functions as a positive change agent.
- Promotes a positive and professional image and is a role model, coach, mentor and resource for staff and peers.
- Directs and supervises tests performed by Chemistry Scientists.
- Trains and assists Scientists with specialized tests; interprets results for physicians and advises on follow-up tests, as needed.
- Oversees Quality Control Program and prepares monthly Quality Control reports for section meetings.
- Prepares section payroll and time sheets.
- Keeps abreast of accrediting agencies regulatory standards for the Clinical Chemistry Laboratory to meet compliance.
- Documents test implementation and training for staff.
- Oversees and reviews Point-of-Care Glucose testing for the Department of Laboratories
- Maintains effective communication within and outside the Laboratory Department.
- Establishes Quality Assurance Program for Chemistry Section to include active review of technologists’ performance and compliance, Quality Control and test results.
- Is actively involved in assisting with the development of effective utilization of laboratory/computer software to include instrument interfacing, tests, worksheets and report formatting.
- Troubleshoots instrument malfunction when needed.
- Monitors turn-around-time for applicable Chemistry, Special Chemistry and Reference Tests.
- Performs the duties of Sectional Scientist and Assistant Supervisor, as needed.
- Develops and submits departmental goals and objectives as required by the Division Administrator.
- Interviews, hires, evaluates, counsels and terminates employees as per hospital policy.
- Assures completion of staff orientation, annual and ongoing competency and education requirements.
- Attends and participates in educational programs or activities to maintain current level of knowledge or expertise to manage department.
- Utilizes multiple methodologies to communicate information.
BS Degree in Clinical Technology or related science with six years of relevant hospital experience.
Current NYS License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist required.
Schedule: Full Time, Day, Mon-Fri 9am- 5pm alternating as needed