Currently seeking a Board-Certified Orthopedic or Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation physician to participate in pre-authorization and quality improvement solutions for high-tech diagnostic imaging and musculoskeletal management. Physician Reviewers determine the medical necessity of outpatient requests using clinical appropriateness guidelines and health plan medical policy.
Successful candidates will:
- Perform physician-level case review, following initial nurse review, of high-tech diagnostic imaging and other musculoskeletal management solutions.
- Determine medical necessity of requests using Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines and client-specific health plan medical policy
- Conduct peer-to-peer consultations with ordering physicians, physician assistants, and advanced practice nurses to provide education regarding established guidelines and accepted standards of care regarding studies and site of service.
- Suggest clinically appropriate alternative treatments, studies and sites of care to ordering providers when applicable
- Provide support and educate clinical and non-clinical staff to foster understanding of the principles associated with appropriate use of covered modalities.
- Actively participate in physician team meetings.
- Demonstrate and maintain knowledge of relevant policies and regulations pertaining to sleep management, and imaging modalities.
- Actively participate in groups that develop, revise and enhance clinical appropriateness guidelines
- Perform first level provider appeals of coverage decisions.
- Obtain additional state licensure based upon state regulations and health plan needs